homestead - Re: [Homestead] What's more important?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What's more important?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:37:40 -0400

Well, I have a correction to make.
I searched 'great political leaders' and found the Time list, BUT it is a list of "Leaders and Revolutionaries", which explains the inclusion of some of the more controversial people.

http://www.time.com/time/time100/leaders/index.html

Bev

From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
As to why they think someone is or isn't a great leader, well, it sure can't
be ethics or morals, I mean, look at your list of 20. The biggest drunk of
all time (Churchill), a mass murderer (Hitler), MLK (plegarised his thesis),
the Ayatullah (need I say more) and so forth and so on. And, Reagan. Now
there's desperation and rewritten history if he's in the top 20!

That WAS an interesting list. Ghandi and Hitler, Reagan, Martin Luther King. The Ayatollah...all 'famous' for very different reasons. I wonder why Reagan but not Osama bin Laden? He's certainly changed the world more than Reagan did....bin Laden changed the whole psyche of America and got us to start 2 wars.

Lynn Wigglesworth