homestead - Re: [Homestead] What's more important?

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What's more important?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:03:12 EDT

I agree , the question then is do you gain respect with fear or
friendliness? We know
that the recent decision to pull the missile defense system from Europe has
annoyed many
of our old allies, and alienated the new republics (former soviet states)
we have been trying
to befriend. It was done to appease Russia and after all that, the
president of Russia has
stated he does not respect Obama. It is such a tricky balancing act. Our
current President
reversed policy and offered to meet with terrorists and the President of
Iran with no pretexts
whatsoever. This gesture was rebuffed and the Iranian president also has
indicated a lack
of respect for our President. The opposite reaction he was seeking.

Drew

In a message dated 9/22/2009 6:00:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,