homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ah, the Simple Life

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ah, the Simple Life
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:53:25 -0400

As I recall from a recent news article, they discovered the Clintons had
covered that portion of the lawn with sewer sludge, and it was oozing up
in their new garden. They had the soil tested only to discover heavy
metals, and had to abandon eating from it.

I must read different things than other people! I read that sewage sludge WAS spread during the Clinton administration, but it was recently tested and was below the EPA level for lead: Not that I think sewage sludge is good for gardens; there are things worse than lead to worry about in it. http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2009/06/did-sludge-lace-obamas-veggie-garden-lead