homestead - Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:47:53 -0400

Lynn, where did you find Bush Sr's speech?

I'm glad they've decided to make the text of the speech available ahead of
time. Maybe that will calm some parents' concerns. Some Americans, I
think, have been made very nervoius by Obama's campaign/administration.
Many were concerned by adulation of a political candidate that seemed
seriously inappropriate. Also a concern to many were the Marxist-style
posters, Greek columns, etc. The serious steps of taking (at some level)
control of certain financial institutions and car companies shocked many.
Even if each of these items (and others of concern) can be explained as
benign/necessary, they were unsettling events. Some Americans think that if
all these things can happen in such a short amount of time, what else can
happen? And, I think, listening/watching to certain talk shows exacerbates
concerns
Didn't vote for Bush, didn't vote for Obama. I've been throwing away my
vote for decades.

Cathy