homestead - Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 17:38:23 EDT

I am afraid I don't see the comparison, Obama is going on closed circuit tv
in all US public schools to talk to our elementary school children. We
know he has a bunch of celebrities with him pledging allegience to Barrack
Obama, and pledging to " finally honor our 200 year old pledge to abolish
slavery" It is suggested that our children follow their lead and pledge
these
things. Parents and the public are not invited to these showings. He was not
invited, but is imposing this on our public school children and is upset
that some parents are saying they will keep their kids out. I don't see
Shawn Hannity insisting his message be shown in private schools, if he were
there it would be by invitation. Parents could pull their children at will.
What if President Bush had tried this and had a bunch of "cool" folks
getting our kids to pledge allegience to him and support the war in Iraq?
would
that have been alright? This is the means and method of the forming of the
Hitler youth through the german public schools and we all know how that
worked out. They were asked to pledge allegience to Hitler rather than the
country as well. No, I am not saying Obama equals Hitler, just that the
Hitler
youth were his means of registering and indoctrinating the children to his
cause. That is the same. Oh, the children will fill out forms after the
video which will be collected. I merely understand why some would wish to
view
something like this with their children and be able to explain the
message, it should be on television.

Drew

Drew

In a message dated 9/6/2009 4:24:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,