homestead - Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 20:30:26 -0800

O.K., what the heck do y'all expect. I know I've posted these before. You are now getting, in your face, exactly what the "Father of Public Education" and others who started this bunk here in the U.S. promised would happen many long years ago!

"Let our pupil be taught that he does not belong to himself, but that he is public property. Let him be taught to love his family, but let him be taught at the same time that he must forsake and even forget them when the welfare of his country requires it."
- Benjamin Rush, "Thoughts Upon the Mode of Education Proper in a Republic"

"Wherever is found what is called a paternal government, there is found state education. It has been discovered that the best way to insure implicit obedience is to commence tyranny in the nursery."
- Benjamin Disraeli, British Prime Minister (1874)
Our schools have been scientifically designed to prevent over-education from happening. The average American [should be] content with their humble role in life, because they're not tempted to think about any other role.
- William T. Harris, U.S. Commissioner of Education, 1889

We who are engaged in the sacred cause of education are entitled to look upon all parents as having given hostages to our cause.
- Horace Mann, first secretary of education in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
- Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

The children who know how to think for themselves spoil the harmony of the collective society which is coming, where everyone would be interdependent.
- John Dewey, American educator

Only a system of state-controlled schools can be free to teach whatever the welfare of the State may demand.
- Ellwood P. Cubberley, Dean of the Stanford University School of Education

Lynda

All politicians should be limited to two terms: one in office, one in jail.

----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>

I am afraid I don't see the comparison, Obama is going on closed circuit tv
in all US public schools to talk to our elementary school children. We
know he has a bunch of celebrities with him pledging allegience to Barrack
Obama, and pledging to " finally honor our 200 year old pledge to abolish
slavery" It is suggested that our children follow their lead and pledge these
things. Parents and the public are not invited to these showings. He was not
invited, but is imposing this on our public school children and is upset
that some parents are saying they will keep their kids out. I don't see
Shawn Hannity insisting his message be shown in private schools, if he were
there it would be by invitation. Parents could pull their children at will.
What if President Bush had tried this and had a bunch of "cool" folks
getting our kids to pledge allegience to him and support the war in Iraq? would
that have been alright? This is the means and method of the forming of the
Hitler youth through the german public schools and we all know how that
worked out. They were asked to pledge allegience to Hitler rather than the
country as well. No, I am not saying Obama equals Hitler, just that the Hitler
youth were his means of registering and indoctrinating the children to his
cause. That is the same. Oh, the children will fill out forms after the
video which will be collected. I merely understand why some would wish to view
something like this with their children and be able to explain the
message, it should be on television.

Drew

Drew

In a message dated 9/6/2009 4:24:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,