homestead - Re: [Homestead] Technology, was Tractors was: A homestead plan

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Technology, was Tractors was: A homestead plan
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:50:07 -0700

At 8/20/2009 10:32 AM,EarthNSky wrote:

I know folks who email themselves messages as notes.

I'll do that, I use the delayed sending feature to remind myself about something I need to do. As an example, I have to wake a kid up at 9 or there is an e-bay item I want to watch that ends at 10am I can have the reminder sent to me half an hour early.
That's me using technology.

For notes I have been using those 3x5 index cards. For a shopping list or when I have 6 different things I have to do on an outing or just the part number or dimensions for something I need. The index cards work great and they don't care if it's a pen or a pencil.
More technology at work, not really new technology but technology (ball point pen, pencil, paper) none the less.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA