homestead - Re: [Homestead] Technology, was Tractors was: A homestead plan

  • From: Gil White <gil.white AT xplornet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Technology, was Tractors was: A homestead plan
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:49:53 +0000 (GMT)

There's just 2 of us and the last dishwasher we had ended up dying from lack
of use. I think the gaskets dried up and probably the pump did too.

When I rebuilt the kitchen a few years ago I did not include one. Actually I
put in some pot drawers in a place you could always replace it with a
dishwasher. For resale value of course. Just in case I ever retire and decide
to move somewhere warmer.

The only thing that I would like to have the dishwasher for is sterilizing
the chopping boards. I have a couple of plastic one's that I chop all the
meat on and even though my wife does pour boiling water on them, I would feel
better if I could give them a good scouring once in awhile.

Though if I ever won a lottery and could build my dream house I think I'd
still leave one out.

As for pen and pencil, all the time. I keep a note book with me and when I'm
sitting on the bus or if I'm in a restaurant I'm always jotting down stuff.
To do lists, material lists, expenses, reminders, plant lists, garden
sketches and layouts.

Gil