homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:48:32 -0800

Back in the 90s we had a Rep named Frank Riggs. He was an ass and then he made a real ass of himself. (Some may recall the whole pepper spray swabbed in the eyes of teenagers) We got him recalled. For a few years it scared the beejeebers out of all of the local politicians and our state and federal reps. When folks called their offices they immediately called folks back. When folks called they actually listened.

Of course, now it is back to "normal," but it is going to take a whole bunch of folks to do what we did! People think they can't do anything about the folks at the federal level and they are WRONG! More need to figure that out!

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

----- Original Message ----- From: <rayzentz AT aim.com>

Flatterer!

I think it's true, though.? Right now, people are pre-occupied scrambling to save what little they can, before it's all taken away. Once they (we) realize the ultimate futility of that, then desperation will become the norm, and anger, and revolt. We are in for major changes, few of which will be pleasant, until tyrannical gov't is once again forcefully reminded, by the people, of it's correct and rightful place... a servant, not a ruler.