homestead - [Homestead] Beer Summit

  • From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT mail2.pvco.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Beer Summit
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:18:35 -0500

And, no one will be drinking home brew, pisco sour, or Shiner Bock.

"The president will drink Bud Light. As I understand it -- I have not heard this, I've read this, so I'll just repeat what I've read, that Professor Gates said he liked Red Stripe, and I believe Sergeant Crowley mentioned to the president that he liked Blue Moon. So we'll have the gamut covered tomorrow afternoon."
- Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, on today's "beer summit" at the White House. (Source: <http://go.sojo.net/ct/H7_2qOM1MEKA/>White House press office)

"An excuse is more horrible and worse than a lie..."
-- Alexander Pope

"If you believe that the answer to your happiness or unhappiness lies in someone else's hands, you are in for a load of trouble. You are responsible for your own happiness -- and unhappiness."

"If you want to be happy, then be happy."
-- Albert Ellis