homestead - [Homestead] Swine flu

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Swine flu
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:12:19 -0400

As CNN announces that the military is planning and poised to react in an H1N1 outbreak, and with cases in Britain doubling by the week, and with growing numbers of people sick in the this country, what are y'all doing to prepare for the Swine flu, and how long will you be able to financially survive a lock down, martial law type environment if you can't work?

Personally, I'd be in trouble. I'd bet I wouldn't be alone because the economy has eaten up savings accounts and there are millions without an income. Could the flu be the straw that breaks the economic camel's back?

From what I understand, this virus is really hitting hard on the younger populations, those under 25 especially. I could never forgive myself if I got the virus and transmitted it to my granddaughter, daughter, or son.

Just wondering if anyone is thinking about it...

--
"Never expect magic from no where" Baringo (Kenyan) working motto
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/