homestead - [Homestead] Missing eggs question

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Missing eggs question
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:35:41 -0400

Dear Homestead friends,

We have 5 hens (not yet a year old--so youngish) who normally produce 3-4
eggs per day. These are meat birds, the ones I got off freecycle last New
Year's Eve. ;) Production is not as high as egg layers but still plenty. In
the last week, we've only gathered up to 2 eggs per day, but in the last two
days have not gathered any eggs.

The birds have plenty of water, we've checked a couple times on the hottest
days and nothing else has changed. The birds appear to be healthy.

We suspect a snake is getting the eggs, is that what your best guess would
be?

Hope this finds you all well. Rob, thanks for the seeds.

Thanks,

Lisa
sw VA

  • [Homestead] Missing eggs question, Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry, 07/29/2009