homestead - Re: [Homestead] Swine flu

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Swine flu
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:24:20 -0400

The 'normal' flu kills thousands of people every year. I'm doing the same thing I always do...try to stay healthy so my body can fight off infections. We live pretty close to nature and dirt and have well-challenged immune systems. We rarely get sick. I've grown a lot of garlic again this year...it's my new wonder drug to fight off just about anything. It's one of the most powerful natural anti-virals. I even give it to the dog.

I've always got a good stockpile of food, incase I decide I'd rather not shop (for whatever reason). My income is pretty secure (as pathetic as it is), so I won't be any worse off financially. I'm hoping the schools shut down if it becomes a potential problem here (for once it's good to live in a 'forgotten' area....we'll get lots of warning of it coming this way).My mother just ended up in the hospital again (chest pain), and I AM paranoid about hospitals (c. diff is running through ours). I scrub well after being there, and double up my garlic.

I do think if a lot of people get sick, it will wreck havoc on the country. Our financial system, unemployment, health care, are all weak, and adding a lot of strain will bring it all down. I hope the powers that be have a plan. Personally I'll sit snug until it's over.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA