homestead - [Homestead] political banter - free speech

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] political banter - free speech
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:26:15 -0700 (PDT)

OK, here's a new one to banter about.... this just found LA-Times.

The gist of this one is a case somewhat along the lines of that issue that
came up in that beauty pageant, about whether or not people can express their
personal opinion about traditional marriages and whether or not by stating
their opinion and someone find it offensive is the offense actually sexual
harrassment, etc.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/07/college-sexual-harassment-code-struck-down.html

My personal opinion is that if one side is allowed to be a proponent of their
opinion, persons with opposing views can also be a proponent of their
opinion, regardless of hurt feelings when others disagree.