homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hayloaders was Re: Buying a Scythe

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hayloaders was Re: Buying a Scythe
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:09:22 -0400

sjc wrote:

John asked if I'd repair these things, and I said sure, then he brought them out: a full-size pickup load of the things, with hooks all over the place!

You always amaze me, SJ. That picture and link was very informative.

Story about a naughty little girl who lived at my house a long time ago: she threw a brick at a sow and hit her in the nose. Sow chased her the only place she could go---up a hayloader.

I'm glad you survived that one and learned a valuable lesson about sows. My question is, why did you throw the brick?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

--Cicero, 55 BC
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/