homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hayloaders was Re: Buying a Scythe

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hayloaders was Re: Buying a Scythe
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:04:16 -0400

That's a different design than mine. My hay loader had vertical 2x4s with metal 'fingers' on them instead of the webbing. The 2x4s were on a shaft that moved them up and down...the lower fingers grabbed the hay from the windrow and moved it up and over the top. My ex drove the tractor; my job was to fork it to the back (front, actually) of the wagon.

I enjoyed it, but I don't have a hay field or anyone to work with anymore, so I sold it. There is a Mennonite man around here who buys horse equipment for the Amish community. I was glad that it would be used.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "sjc" <indexer AT fairpoint.net>