homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hayloaders was Re: Buying a Scythe

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hayloaders was Re: Buying a Scythe
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:19:35 -0400

We've also cut hay with a tractor-mounted sickle bar, then raked, windrowed and collected by hand and pitchfork into the bed of the pickup. Now I just do the areas around the house; that's why I want the scythe.

I dug around and found our old website. It's old and clunky, but has some photos and videos of us using the hayloader (scroll down). It's my neighbor's hayfield; the nicely manicured lawn is his. My farm is the one in the background across the street (with the barn that in in bad need of paint). Sorry about the video quality.
http://home.ptd.net/~bhelfric

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA

----- Original Message ----- From: "sjc" <indexer AT fairpoint.net>