homestead - Re: [Homestead] So what do we do?

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] So what do we do?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:38:37 -0500

Hi, Gene,

Just curious. What do we do with all of the mercury toxins in all of these
flourescent light bulbs people are getting. And mind you, I have replaced
almost all of the incandescent bulbs in my house with these, because they
last longer, and are cheaper to run. I bought my first one when I was living
in Colorado (which is when I first joined this list, by the way).? It's been
8 years now. This year, I finally had to replace one (actually, a few). I
have been lugging them around with me for many years now, as we have moved
from place to place. I figure I am ahead money wise.

However, aside from power use, the incandescent bulbs are less harmful to the
environment. How do Greens reconcile this, without using sophistry. Or do we
just acknowledge the inherent hypocrisy.

Ray