homestead - [Homestead] So what do we do?

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] So what do we do?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:07:22 -0600

Mother Jones had this article on the coming changes in weather:
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2008/11/diet-warm-planet

I've quit worrying about global climate change. I figure we won't do
anything until it's too late, and I'll be dead by then anyway (I'm
62).

We already have widespread drought, not to mention erratic weather.

BTW, the article is worth reading if only for the info about the
godwit. The living world is a miracle.

I think we can probably quit worrying about terrorism, etc. When the
ecosystem shafts us, we're in deep doodoo. Have any of you given this
consideration? In practical terms, I mean.

Marie