homestead - Re: [Homestead] A thought

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A thought
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:36:14 -0500

An atheist couldn't get elected. This country is too busy playing pretend.

There is an interesting article on Alternet about all the "God stuff" in the inauguration...everything we have, we are, and we want is attributed to God, so where does that leave people who don't believe?:

An Atheist's Perspective on the Inauguration: Enough With all the God Stuff
http://www.alternet.org/rights/121833/an_atheist%27s_perspective_on_the_inauguration%3A_enough_with_all_the_god_stuff/

I was watching the Inauguration, with pride and hope and history and joy and relief. And the message I kept hearing was, "We are one country. This country belongs to everybody in it. Everybody has a voice. Everybody has a part to play. Everybody's experience matters.
"Everybody -- except you.

"Everybody except you and the roughly 15% of Americans who don't believe in God.

"Not you. You're not part of this. This isn't for you."

Lynn Wigglesworth