homestead - [Homestead] Small potatoes

  • From: Susan Trickett <gmasue AT inbox.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Small potatoes
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:35:23 -0800

I thought you might get a laugh at the small potatoes we harvested today! I
should have put an egg in the bowl for size comparison. They are a small
variety, can't remember the name but they ranged in size from a pea to a
small egg. I grew them in grow bags with a little compost on the bottom and
then we filled in with straw. The potatoes are from one bag and all were in
the compost at the bottom. If there were any in the straw they didn't make
it. We had snow cover for about 10 days so I was amazed that any survived.
This year I'm planting bigger potatoes in the ground :-)

Sue in W. WA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34552898@N02/3213363927/

FREE 3D MARINE AQUARIUM SCREENSAVER - Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your
desktop!