homestead - Re: [Homestead] Small potatoes

  • From: Susan Trickett <gmasue AT inbox.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Small potatoes
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:06:07 -0800

Hi Bev,
Here's a link to the grow bags I bought. They are quite tough and should
last a few years at least. Same principle as your growing in tires basically.
I'm going to plant some tomatoes in them this year, hoping to warm up the
soil more. The tomatoes in the ground were very slow growing and were just
starting to put on fruit when we had our first frost even though I used those
red water tent things:-)

http://www.groworganic.com/item_GP220_Plastic_Nursery_Grow_Bags_10_Gal.html

Sue