homestead - Re: [Homestead] Small potatoes

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Small potatoes
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:12:55 -0500

Susan Trickett wrote:
Hi Bev, Here's a link to the grow bags I bought. They are quite tough
and should last a few years at least. Same principle as your growing
in tires basically. I'm going to plant some tomatoes in them this
year, hoping to warm up the soil more. The tomatoes in the ground
were very slow growing and were just starting to put on fruit when we
had our first frost even though I used those red water tent things:-)

http://www.groworganic.com/item_GP220_Plastic_Nursery_Grow_Bags_10_Gal.html

Wow, I even guessed right on what they look like and the size!
I'll bet you get a bigger yield when the weather is warmer.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will
not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius
will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the
world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone
are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve
the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge