homestead - Re: [Homestead] Real History & Change - for me, anyway

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: DSanner106 AT aol.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Real History & Change - for me, anyway
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:04:29 -0800 (PST)

It is the economy, I believe. Boys who aren't headed to college and want to
get away from home. That is why I went out of my way to offer my nephew an
alternative. He is big and strong, but not hard. I guess they will make him
hard.....................

p.s. You sent (the message below) to me only

--- On Tue, 1/20/09, DSanner106 AT aol.com <DSanner106 AT aol.com> wrote:

> I imagine you are right, President Obama has promised to multiply the
> number of troops in Afghanistan, and I am sure the new recruits
will top the list. I have a nephew in Navy basic training and 5 of my boy
scouts (I am a scout leader) have enlisted this year and will probably go
as well. 2 usmc, 2 air force, and 1 army. I worry for them all and am amazed
at the success the military is having in recruiting during war time. I
cautioned each of these boys, none are from military families. They went in
aware of the possiblity of combat.