homestead - Re: [Homestead] Real History & Change - for me, anyway

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Real History & Change - for me, anyway
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:32:31 -0800

Oh yes! The military has a HUGE PR budget and at one time, back when I was still doing some grant writing, I had someone come to me to write a proposal that would have gotten some money from that budget. At anyrate, the grantee would have used the military PR money to promote their product. If nothing else, I'm betting some of these ads on t.v. that promote the war games, etc. AND I know that Hollyweird has gotten some military PR money to promote some of their films!

Does anyone think that the abundance of first shooter military style
games for all the various gaming stations have any influence on
enlistment? I do.
I did not have such games in the house back then, but my son watched
9/11 unfold in real time. I believe that changed him because it was
after that he started talking about joining the military to protect our
country.