homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anti-hospital Rant

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anti-hospital Rant
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:05:49 -0500

You said that she is 92, so she is using medicare. That is , most say, the finest socialized medicine on earth. If we could afford to pay for it, 'medicare for everyonme' 'is' the ultimate goal for those who want nationalized medical care. You will never see better 'socialized' care, in this country,than medicare.

Medicare doesn't cover much for my mother. She has Blue Cross, and they pay most of it. My father was a government employee, and she still has good coverage, cheap. She hasn't paid a cent through all her ER visits. Our ER takes anyone, right away, and worries about wringing the money out of you later. I'm 53, without insurance, and I'd be bankrupt if I went into a hospital (of course the only way they would get me into one would be if I was unconscious)..

Lynn Wigglesworth