homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anti-hospital Rant

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anti-hospital Rant
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 07:15:23 -0800 (PST)

--- On Tue, 1/20/09, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't there a serious danger of a clot causing
> embolisms or aneurisms with
> an open break?

***** Yes, my next door neighbor (X the street, catecornered) broke his leg
from a short ladder fall. Pulmonary embolism killed him -- he was in his
80's. My MIL died in the hospital -- slowly dying --after a fall from dozing
off and falling from a dining room chair onto carpet -- cracking her hip.
They mended the hip, but her heart and kidneys didn't withstand the strain.

She's been trapped in bed since Sunday
> morning, so her poor
> circulation is further challenged. Is that any way to
> treat an old lady?
> Why I hate doctors and hospitals. I call/show up and throw
> a hissy fit for
> them to do something for her, but no one pays attention to
> me...I'm just
> "that crazy daughter".

****** Call the hospital administrator, at home, if need be. Call the doc,
at home, if need be. The nurses RNs can do little. There should be a
patient representative in your hospital to explain your rights and help you
with this matter. If Susan Jane is online (or Lynda, maybe) they could
probably advise you on the best way to get attention

p.s. You have my empathy, Lynn, I mean that sincerely.........