homestead - Re: [Homestead] Real History & Change - for me, anyway

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Real History & Change - for me, anyway
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:50:14 -0500

I like the idea that people are feeling good about the present and the future. Much more optimism being expressed, this am, than I would have imagined.

I'm starting to feel what others (James? Bev?) were saying. That people expect too much and are easily impressed, but it's all rock star glitz. So far, Obama has, in my opinion, made all the "business as usual" choices for the top positions. I don't hold out hope for change, except for the deficit, which will soar. We'll still be repressed, with our rights being taken away, plus we will be crippled with debt and a bad economy. Maybe things will look brighter to me when it isn't 3 degrees outside. :-(

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA