homestead - Re: [Homestead] Solar Food Dehydrator

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Solar Food Dehydrator
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:01:42 -0500

Hi James,

In Northern latitudes, the collector would be very helpful, and almost
necessary.? My mom, (granted, this was in North Dakota) tried what you
suggested, and most of the items rotted before they dried, and those that
didn't rot, never dried as much as she wanted, thus the dehydrators my Dad
built.

Now, when I was living in St George, Utah, we just laid things out on a table
during the summer heat, and it was dry by nightfall, sometimes crispy.

Depends on where you live...

Ray