homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Myth of Fossil Fuels

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Myth of Fossil Fuels
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:24:52 -0500

Now, the natural gas fields are a whole other story. I know folks who have
worked those fields and those wells were capped. And it wasn't because of
lack of gas, it was because gas was so cheap. They are waiting. And when
the oil gets tighter, you can bet the gas wells will suddenly be
"discovered."

During the summer, when oil prices were so high, gas rights were being leased for $2500+/acre here. Now the gas companies won't even return phone calls. I'm waiting, too, for oil prices to go back up.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA