homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Myth of Fossil Fuels

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Myth of Fossil Fuels
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:10:31 -0800

Hey, I don't listen to geologists. I listen to logic and follow the $$. Saudi production has been dropping steadily since about 2005 even when the price/barrel went up AND demand was up. The Saudis are greedy.

I know about half the wells in CA have pumped dry. Whole fields are history.

Now, the natural gas fields are a whole other story. I know folks who have worked those fields and those wells were capped. And it wasn't because of lack of gas, it was because gas was so cheap. They are waiting. And when the oil gets tighter, you can bet the gas wells will suddenly be "discovered."

So, I'll stick with logic and "follow the money." Geologists be damned <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

One set of credentialed geologists says one thing and another set of credentilaed geologists says another. It really does not matter. As long as oil is cheap and plentiful, we can go merrily along our way, and let the hysterical followers of the peak oil gurus or whatever is the new fad theory , next week, keep preaching that the sky is falling. One day they might be right; and the sky might fall. It could occur tomorrow or in 20, 000 years. until that day, deal with them like the you would an itinerant street-corner preacher --smile, give them a dollar, and go on your way..........