homestead - Re: [Homestead] WAS Anthropology - NOW - new subscriber -introduction

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] WAS Anthropology - NOW - new subscriber -introduction
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:56:54 -0500

> Here is a question - what the heck is a "chigger" (mentioned in the firewood
> thread). I know what ticks are and I assume that chiggers are an insect
> that bites humans - but like a horsefly or like a mosquito or ???
>
> Frank

Oh Frank, you are better off not knowing! I'm from Florida and they
are called "redbugs" there. You never see them, they crawl on you and
dig in. From what I've learned, they dig in and dissolve your flesh.
You end up with a red bump (usually many of them). You then dig it
raw, it itches like heck. Worst part for me is you never see the
little suckers.

Rob - Va