homestead - [Homestead] new subscriber - introduction

  • From: "Frank Fries" <frank.fries AT imagewireless.ca>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] new subscriber - introduction
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:18:11 -0600

Hi Cathy,

We have some Khatadin sheep, 1 Dorper sheep (trying a cross this year), a llama, a couple of Mediterraen donkeys and a Great Pyrenees in the pasture.

We have another dog we got from the pound (appears to be primarily German Shepherd - yellow Lab cross) and a few cats.

Darlene (my spouse) was fairly adamant that we would not have chickens, which would often come before something like sheep. Recently she read an article on guinea hens and got interested in them - then she starting thinking that if we had guinea hens, we might as well have chickens. So we are in the stage where we thinking about building a chicken coop.

Frank

Nice to meet you, Frank, and welcome. I'm a long time member who has only
recently resumed regular posting. Which few animals share your acres?

Cathy