homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political Qualifications?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 00:40:41 -0500

About the absurdity of what is going on in this country and maybe the
rest of the world...
I had a discussion the other day with someone who suggested something
really far out, but that has had me thinking about it more and more...
He suggested that there is something coming down the pike-pole
shift-planet X-comet/asteroid impact-alien invasion-global economic
collapse or whatever that some of the powers that be know about, but
also know that nothing can be done to prevent it. The powers that be
won't alert the public and cause mass panic, but since the 'discovery'
was made, there has been an attitude of apathy develop about the
problems in this country. He did not think that everyone guilty of
apathy or dishonesty was in on the secret, but that over time the crap
has risen to the surface because no one wants to put in the energy to
fix problems. He said it is like when the captain abandons ship and
the rest of the pirates run amok and go wild. We can see everyone
running amok, because there is no discipline, no consequence to bad
behavior, but only the captain knew the secret. Maybe the captain is
holed up on an island somewhere, maybe he offed himself, maybe he is
just getting drunk in the dingy, but he surely isn't expending energy to
bring sanity and order to the ship.
Why are our leaders spending billions of dollars like there is no
tomorrow? Maybe there is no tomorrow?
Why are we sitting by while people die in Darfur or Gaza or the Congo or
Zimbabwe? Is it that millions will die anyway?
I don't personally feel this way, but the person I spoke with wondered
why Bush isn't being tried for war crimes... is it that
His answer to all of those questions is that time is short, and the
powerbrokers of the world are quietly panicking. The least of their
worries is what happens in American politics. Perhaps even
subconsciously people like Blago or Madoff realized that there was no
captain of the ship-that people are indeed numb to it all, and felt that
they could get away with anything...
He had a bunch of other 'rhetorical questions' that also made his point,
but I just can't remember them.
Obviously this is a far out conspiracy theory, but I swear the world is
so strange right now that stuff like this really starts making sense to
people. The guy who told me all of this is one of the local
farriers-not a lunatic or someone of questionable mental health. (I
personally don't think the end of the world as we know it could be kept
a secret for very long, so I discount this whole thing, but it is
interesting to think about) I think we can all agree that the world
seems to be going to hell in a handbasket, but the real question is WHY.
How did we get so screwed up?

Bev

Cathy wrote:
When it comes to our politicians, I'm afraid reason has left the
building. I'm almost numb to it. Do you think that's the plan?

Cathy

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Lynn Wigglesworth