homestead - Re: [Homestead] Random thoughts about the day

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Random thoughts about the day
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 06:29:56 -0800

I have not had much to say but I have been busy. A couple of days after
xmas we drove up to my mother's place in the Bay Area with my son and his
wife. We had an early 90th birthday celebration with my mother.

Then last week I drove up here again. My brother flew in from Saipan and we
had a real 90th for her. She did not know he was coming in so it was a
surprise. My other son is flying in from North Carolina tomorrow so there
gets to be another slightly delayed celebration.

She had a heart attack last fall so we all decided to spring this on her.
She is looking better all the time and could well outlive me.

Other than that we have been visiting, went to an aircraft museum, and
visited Common Ground Garden supply. Today we are headed for the maritime
museum in San Francisco.

I will be back in Southern California by the weekend and will start planting
the garden there.

Don Bowen KI6DIU