homestead - Re: [Homestead] Random thoughts about the day

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Random thoughts about the day
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:02:19 -0500

Maybe I should just go after a strong man instead of building up my own muscles...I can bat my eyes and play the helpless female? Nobody who knows me would ever fall for that. :-)

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA

From reading your posts I'd say you have much more to offer. Any man who would go for the halpless female isn't worthy of you.
Van Dell

Thanks. An amazing number of men are intimidated by a strong woman (strong in any sense); the ones I've met seem to want weak, needy women. I dated a man who got mad if I didn't sit in the car and wait for him to come around and open my door, no matter how inconvenient it was. He said that opening my car door made him "feel like a man". Not the kind of man I'm looking for. Another guy I dated told me that he was afraid of me (I sure hope he was kidding!)...he told me that I was "too capable" and didn't need anything from him. My ex was just the opposite; he took full advantage of my strengths; he always needed something from me, but didn't help much. There must be a man somewhere not afraid of my competence but just as competent himself.

Lynn Wigglesworth