homestead - Re: [Homestead] Firewood cutting underway

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Firewood cutting underway
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:35:11 EST

> >My theory is to get it done before the ticks and chiggers are up!

It's a good theory .... perchance a good plan ...but a bad philosophy. If
someone could snap their fingers and five cords of seasoned wood would
suddenly
appear, would you take them up on it?

I might have at one time, but now I wouldn't. That is, I don't want to "get
it done". We cut firewood all the time, summer and winter (mostly winter), a
little at a time.

Most people now of days calm themselves down chemically. Others do better
and take a walk or ride a bicycle to no particular end or destination. Here,
we
cut firewood. Take the bucksaw and the donkey and go off to some secluded
spot in the woods and let the natural rhythm of the saw seep into your soul
and
lull away your stress.

It's a valuable homestead resource and one we would not want to use up by
'getting it done'.

James