homestead - Re: [Homestead] Firewood cutting underway

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Firewood cutting underway
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 06:41:29 -0700

On Jan 12, 2009, at 6:35 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

My theory is to get it done before the ticks and chiggers are up!

It's a good theory .... perchance a good plan ...but a bad philosophy. If
someone could snap their fingers and five cords of seasoned wood would suddenly appear, would you take them up on it?

I might have at one time, but now I wouldn't. That is, I don't want to "get
it done". We cut firewood all the time, summer and winter (mostly winter), a little at a time.

What is your best move on the ticks and chiggers? Does your elevation lessen their numbers? And might your elevated summers be cooler than we down in the holler hillbillies?

Gene GeRue
www.RURALIZE.com