homestead - Re: [Homestead] Firewood cutting underway

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Firewood cutting underway
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:09:20 -0500

We built a meat pole out of such pine lumber...untreated of course. It lasted 3 years before rot and insects took it. Just make sure that you use it for temporary structures.

Robert Walton wrote:
Both. I'm cutting some poles for a horse shelter from some cedars and
in one area, there are a lot of pines I'm taking out. They are crowded
and I'd rather leave hardwoods to mature. Lots of the pines are long
and straight, about 6 inches or less diameter. I can use them for all
sorts of stuff.

Rob - Va