homestead - Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Western medicine, sort of

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Western medicine, sort of
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 13:03:23 -0700

On Jan 9, 2009, at 12:57 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

I may be going to the store tomorrow. I will get two beets..one will be
grated into salad, the other will get roasted. I've never eaten
kohlrabi, what is that like? I have seen the broccoli rab...is that
actually a hybrid or not? Do you roast kohlrabi, too? When we had the
deep fryer up and running and we fried some sweet potatoes like French
fries, I sprinkled them with cayenne and I thought that was good..I'm
sure the flavor would enhance it roasted, too.

Try to eat most veggies raw, before you try them cooked in any way.