homestead - Re: [Homestead] Draft Horse

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Draft Horse
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 07:26:45 -0500

Thanks for the advice, Lynda. I'm feeling more and more leery of an
older mare. I'm thinking that this 8 year old or something like that
might be better. Worst case scenario, she'd have year of work left in
her. A male donkey might be a good companion. That way if they did
breed, I'd get a draft mule. I guess a donkey would need some help to
breed her.

I've been scanning Craigslist and may get back on some of the
Freecycles, that's a good idea. I've noticed the prices falling and
want to try to take advantage of that.

Rob - Va