homestead - Re: [Homestead] more pictures

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: roxann <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] more pictures
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 21:01:44 -0500

Roxann,
Please don't go into the cave or allow your kids to do so.
1. It is not safe, physically or bacteriologically (think cave ins,
rabid bats, guano)
2. Imagine your scare should you find something like skeletal remains
3. You could be damaging a very fragile ecosystem

If you really want to explore the cave, I'd call your local/regional
spelunking (caving) club. They have experience in wild caving and could
explore it/map it for you. It would satisfy your curiosity and delight
some caver to the core.

Bev

roxann wrote:
Hi Bob,

We've gone to the cave but it doesn't go very far before it gets too narrow for my comfort. I've considered tying rope to Garrison and sending him in with a helmet and light, though, lol. He wants to, but
I'm still afraid. I think there's a larger room in there because
cold air comes out from a hole below the entrance.

--
"The world is my country, all mankind are my
brethren, and to do good is my religion."