homestead - Re: [Homestead] Corn Fed Beef

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Corn Fed Beef
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 21:29:50 -0500

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> The people of
> Hamburg devised a way of shreading the meat so that it was edible and thus
> .... the
> Hamburger.

Or, in the (German) north central Pennsylvania area, a hamburg.

It's not the same
thing as raising a homestead beef, especially if that beef and the grass it
is raised on is surplus. Nor is it even like the (fortunately) growing
practice of reaising a few beefs and having people subscribe to them and get
their
beef from a meat packer when the steer is turned over for processing.

James,would it be more like homestead beef if I were to trade my extra beef
raised, of course, on surplus grass, for honey or maple syrup or other
such? You really seem to be stretching here.

Cathy