homestead - Re: [Homestead] Now BS was -- More on Gold

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Now BS was -- More on Gold
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 11:34:10 -0800 (PST)

You are right, Lynn the world are separate and 'different'. But, my thinking
, on most issues, is very similar to yours -- not different. When I finally
get 'to ground', so to speak, and I am working in the soil of a rural
ocation, instead of thhe soil of my desert city back yeard, will my
half-century of living all of a sudden dissappear? I will be the same
person. If I do it right, I will be the same person with less stress and
more joy, that is all.

The idea of living and working with the land (and somewhat with
animals)sounds 'hopeful' to me; not something to do to survive or subsist. I
can't be something I am not, and I don't pretend, on this list to be anything
other than what I am. In the real world, I have "created a face to meet the
faces that I meet". I never discuss having problems , worries or fears; it
isn't my natuure, in the real world.

Even with my psychiatrist, I always try to be 'positive'. This list gives
me a chance to be honest with smart people, whom I like , and get their
opinion, concerning my situation and listening to theirs.

I like 'your' world :-)

.. I wish I were more like susan jane, or as talented as Roxanne,or as
knowledgeable as Lynda, or as caring as Bev, or as confident as Drew or Van
Dell (and many other examples-- -but, I can only be 'me'.

I'm here out of desire, I actually do learn things from people on this list.
My attitude toward certain subjects has changed by reading some of these
messages over many years.

I don't have anything to prove to anyone. In the real world, I'm liked and
respected -- but that stopped meaning much to me a while back. I want fun
and joy, and I want it while I'm working in the earth, and spending time in
the woods, as secluded and private as I can manage........

--- On Fri, 1/2/09, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> They are two different worlds. Most of us are or want to be in James'
> world., not the world of 'commerce'. Bob; I often wonder why you are here.
> You seem like the most unlikely homesteader. I do enjoy
reading your posts, but it's because you think so differently than I do.