homestead - Re: [Homestead] Now BS was -- More on Gold

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Now BS was -- More on Gold
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 08:35:36 -0800 (PST)

Ask this boy who is paying for what would normally be very high health
insurance , Leslie. Other people have been honest about this part of their
lives, something for which this boy seems to lack capacity. He is, of course
, making veiled references to 'wannabe bob', with his comments. One thing
'wannabe bob' has always done, is remain independent of any mooching off the
system in any way, or off of any other people.

When another list member told of spending a good portion of her life paying
off medical bills for her son, the boy brushed it aside like it was nothing;
though it was bigger than 'any' accomplishement that he had ever made.

Evidently he has worked out a way for the taxpayers to pick up the cost of
anything other than a nomianl contribution. That could be fine, if he could
be completely honest, instead of pretending that he is running a fiercely
independnt , self- reliant, libertarian, homestead.

When Roxanne, and others have commented on the health insurance issue, it was
with openness and honesty about an issue that affects us all; it had become a
real issue that makes one think about their lifelong views on such matters,
or at least it did me. I am still trying and am capable of learning. Some
people stop trying to learn and only judge.

I made the misdtake of confiding in private email on some matters with James.
Though I kept a large part of my situation from him; fortunately, he is
using some of what I did tell him, as a lingering show of what he considers a
big deal. He is without honor.

Listen to whom you desire, including James. He is very smart about the best
way to apply manure and such. But, listen to others; people who have empathy
toward others, people without bigotry; people who try to understand rather
than Judge, people qwho have 'lived life', when it comes to more esoteric
philisophical issues and the realities of living in a country and culture
inhabited by the 'other'. I have lived and prospered among 'the other' all
of my adult life. I embrace, rather than fear, "the other". The kind of
indifference people like James displays is sometimes called bigotry -- as he
has been called regularly, by others, on this list over the years. But, with
him, maybe it is simply igniorance; I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I do want a respite from modern society. A place to be free of all contacats
, pressures, tresspasses, and annoyances from those who are uninvited . For
that to be real, for me, it means to keep as much privacy from everything,
including the gov't, as I can possibly buy. That is the truth. Why that
would seem to bother the James so much I don't understand. He chose a
different path, he does what most do and settled back home wher he was raised
among family and and boyhood friends. I find no fault with that, but it
isn't my choice.

I asked James to let this go, more than once. james does not know how to let
an issue go; he has to needle and nag, like a toothless old fish-wife.

I have actually used commerce to provide a decent life for myself for
decades. James is a self admitted " subsistence homessteader"; "dirt
farmer"; I forget the other terms he has used to describe , on the list, what
he is , over the years. His only knowledge of the business of real commerce
is what he has read in books and magazines, or as working for wages paid by
other men.

You are still relatively new on this list; there are other new members ,
also. This is a new year. I am a man of many frailities, mistakes, and
contradictions. I have been wrong and I have done wrong, more than a few
times. But, on this list, I do attempt, as do most list members, to be open
and honest about my situation. Be ver careful with whom you spend a lot of
time on the wrong issue.

Now , James, I'm sure you won't just let this go. So, go ahead with your
next round of non-sense, son. Continue to expose your self for what you
really are. You have no excuses. You are certainly intellectually capable,
and you seem to have utter disregard for the concerns of anyone but yourself.
But, I told you beforwe, I will remain to see that no other decent people
are run off because of your bullying acts of bigotry and hostility. Like
you, I have been semi-retired for a long time, and right now, have plenty of
time to spend at the computer. It seems that you have more time than me, but
I have enough.

For anyone, other than James (yawn), I might have offended by using their
names or alluding to their posts, I apologize in advance..........