homestead - Re: [Homestead] Canned Meats

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Canned Meats
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:54:50 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

When we make tamales ahead of time (when we make them it is usually 200 or more at a time), we freeze them and they can be steamed done later. But we also can some of them. The key, as has already been pointed out, is to make the chili sauce much thinner than you would if you were serving them up, almost watery.

James, I would love to hear your tamale recipe.
--
"The world is my country, all mankind are my
brethren, and to do good is my religion."