homestead - Re: [Homestead] Avocados, was Canned Meats

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Avocados, was Canned Meats
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:33:54 -0500

I know.
Just for kicks and grins, I compared the following pages for sour cream
and avocados:
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1844/2
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/54/2

There is no question about it, avocados win hands down. Look also at
the flammatory/inflammatory index...one is good, one is bad. Also,
avocados have Omega fatty acids..I can go on and on!

Bev

Lynda wrote:
O.K., for all the new canners out there, read AND remember the part
James wrote "WITHOUT the arrowroot or cornstarch" OR flour! Do NOT
thicken sauces for canning.

And the good news, Bev, is that avocados *are* a good fat! It is monounsaturated, cholesterol free and sodium free. Plus, less than 5
gm of fat for every 30 grams of avocado. Oh, and did I mention it
contains antioxidants.(Glutathione) and in studies lowered
cholesterol.

A lovely thing the ugly avocado <g>

Lynda

P.S. Bob, don't eat too many if you're taking Coumadin. It can
interact with it. ----- Original Message ----- From: "EarthNSky"

--
"The world is my country, all mankind are my
brethren, and to do good is my religion."