homestead - Re: [Homestead] pharmacological Calvinism

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] pharmacological Calvinism
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 09:00:45 -0800 (PST)

I think I agree with you in general, Lynn. Pharm , including, psycho pharm ,
can be a wonderful, life changing remedy ,for some problems ,for some people.
But, 'drugs are drugs' and should be used and prescribed with restraint.
Alcohol, tobacco, ritalin, cannibas, and penicillen are all drugs with
benefits and deliterious side affects. With me, it is very hard to figure
out which ones are beneficial, for me. rather than long-term destructive. I
believe in western medicine , including medications to a certain extent, just
as I believe in herbal remedies with proven results. It is hard to
distinguish the money or research driven hype from the stuff that has real,
short & long term results. therefore, I still question people like Roxanne,
Susanne, and others; as well as Docs and other conventional medical
professionals. ; And I still read what I can understand. But, there is 'so
much' information, and much is in disagreement with the