homestead - Re: [Homestead] [Homestead ] MY microcosm of economic downturn

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [Homestead ] MY microcosm of economic downturn
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 08:06:16 -0800 (PST)

So, where is the remedy? Surely things can't continue this way. That was my
original observation. The picture you just drew was not so much bleak as it
is unsustainable. People keep saying that the working/middle/whatever class
is too infirm or reluctant for any type of revolt. i'm saying of the
construct doesn't change the revolt will be forced, and thwe unintended
consequences could actually make things even worse for working people, as
difficult as that now seems. It is bad enough to have to worry that you can
pay your bills, it is worse to have those same worries while at the same time
having lost many of your freedoms. never think I can't lose evrything,
quickly, either. It can and has happened to people with much more security