homestead - Re: [Homestead] Amish persecution by gov't building codes

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Amish persecution by gov't building codes
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:41:51 -0500

Oops, my bad, SJ. I've always been told that the Amish were exempt
from paying taxes. I should have researched first, it's Social
Security and Medicare, and they don't receive benefits from those
programs is what I am seeing now. Do you mean "Pay unto Ceasar"
regarding the New Testament believers thing?

As far as building codes, I had to do all the crazy govt. stuff when I
built. I would not want to see a group exempted. I'd like to see
counties be able to opt out of statewide building codes.

Rob - Va